Interview: Inflation, Liquidity and MMT
I was recently interviewed by Andy Tanner for the Cashflow Academy podcast.
Whenever I speak with Andy, I always end up feeling smarter and happier. It’s impossible not to be inspired by his enthusiasm for learning and teaching. I believe you will enjoy this conversation as much as I did.
- Why doing fundamental analysis on stocks is necessary but not enough.
- Why it is crucial for investors to understand that the government is managing the economy at the Macro level, whether they like it or not.
- The current battle being fought in the financial markets between the Bulls who are supported by unprecedented Liquidity and the Bears who are driven by Inflation fears.
- Why inflation and interest rates affect the price of stocks, property and gold.
- How Globalization emerged following the collapse of the Bretton Woods System and severed the correlation between Money Supply Growth and Inflation.
- How the lessons learned from the policy response to the Crisis of 2008 were applied to hold the US economy together during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Modern Monetary Theory: The damage that could arise if it is misused and the extraordinary possibilities it opens up if it is used wisely, including shoring up US national security.
- The urgent need for the US government to invest aggressively in Research and Development, especially related to Artificial Intelligence, if the United States is going to win the competition with China for preeminence in the 21st Century.
I hope you will listen to this interview now.
After you do, consider subscribing to my video-newsletter, Macro Watch, if you have not already done so.
Learn how the economy and the financial markets really work today:
For a 50% subscription discount, hit the Sign Up Now tab and, when prompted, use the coupon code: April
You will find nearly 75 hours of Macro Watch videos available to watch immediately. A new video will be added approximately every two weeks.
Click HERE to listen to this Cashflow Academy podcast now.
Please share this blog with your colleagues and friends.