TIP Interview: “One Of My Favorites This Year”
Posted November 4, 2022
“This is one of my favorite interviews of the year so far. Richard @PaperMoneyEcon brings the 🔥 fire,” tweeted Trey Lockerbie, regarding our recent conversation for The Investor’s Podcast.
Given all the brilliant interviews Trey has conducted this year, I considered that comment a great complement, indeed.
I hope everyone will listen to this interview now.
Afterwards, please consider following my work by subscribing to Macro Watch if you haven’t already.
For a 50% subscription discount hit the “Subscribe Now” tab and, when prompted, use the coupon code: Tip
Topics covered in this interview include:
- Creditism is now on the brink of Crisis with Credit contracting and asset prices falling.
- The disaster scenario confronting the Fed.
- Why the US Federal Funds Rate is likely to exceed 5% by Q2 2023.
- Why “Something Is Likely To Break” leading to lower lows across all asset classes, including double-digit declines in the housing market.
- The recent crisis in England’s pension industry, the Bank of England’s response to it, and why the Fed will follow the BOE’s example when something breaks in the US.
- The consequences of and lessons to be learned from the Dollar hitting a 20-year high despite so many earlier forecasts predicting its collapse.
- Why the world will never return to a Gold Standard.
- How the Fed makes profits; and why it has swung from being the most profitable “company” in the world last year ($107 billion) to losing money in recent months.
- What must be done to restore the Fed’s extraordinary profits (which the Fed is required to hand over to US taxpayers every year).
- Bank Reserves explained at last.
- Reverse Repurchase Agreements explained at last.
- The new way the Fed controls interest rates.
- Why China may soon have the rest of the world at its mercy and how to ensure that never happens.
I strongly suggest that you do.
Please share this blog post with your colleagues and friends on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.