The Prospects For Asset Prices: 2017
Posted September 9, 2016
The new Macro Watch video uploaded today considers the outlook for equities, bonds/interest rates, property prices, commodities and currencies.
- Important lessons from the last two stock market corrections
- Will the Fed hike interest rates? If so, what will be the impact on each of the major asset classes?
- Where will the S&P 500 Index be at the end of 2017?
- Will US home prices continue rising?
- Is the collapse in commodity prices over?
- Will the Dollar move up or down?
- The Outlook for Gold
- Why interest rates determine what happens to asset prices
- Developments that could send asset prices plunging
I’m not going to give away any of the conclusions here, but I will say that I believe the risks facing investors are high. Valuations are stretched and Monetary Policy, which has kept asset prices inflated, is nearing exhaustion. The closer US government bond yields move toward 0%, the greater are the chances that really bad things will begin to happen.
For all the details, log in to Macro Watch now and begin watching The Prospects For Asset Prices: 2017
If you have not yet subscribed to Macro Watch, click on the following link:
For a 50% subscription discount worth US$250, hit the orange “Sign Up Now” tab (ignore the “$500 / year”) and, when prompted, use the coupon code: outlook
More than 28 hours of Macro Watch videos are available to watch immediately. A new video will be added approximately every two weeks.
Please share this blog with your colleagues and friends.